Just a Pinch Recipes
Kick-off your next game day party with Melissa Sperka’s Baked Layered Tex-Mex Dip. Tomatillo salsa adds great taste to this dish. Combined with cream cheese, chunky salsa, cheddar cheese and chili, you have one winning recipe. Have the chips ready and watch everyone dig in!
See step-by-step photos of Melissa’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”...
Serve this with lots of chips!”
- Melissa Sperka, Greensboro, NC (Pop. 269,666)
What You Need
2 c chili with beans
2 c four cheese Mexican cheese blend, divided
8 oz softened Neufchatel cheese
1/2 c salsa mild, medium or hot (to your taste)
2/3 c tomatillo salsa
1/4 c chopped scallions
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
• In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese and tomato salsa until the cream cheese is smooth, about 2 min. The tomato pieces will remain chunky.
• Using a spatula, mix in 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese until just blended. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the remaining shredded cheese.
• Spread the tomatillo salsa over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the remaining shredded cheese.
• Spread the chili over the tomatillo layer, and sprinkle the last 1/3 of the shredded cheese on top.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
• Remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped scallions on top for garnish.
• Serve with tortilla chips.
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club.
Brought to you by American Hometown Media
Used by Permission.